So you bought a lovely looking microgreen plant in the garden. The plant has been very carefully chosen and has been grown in a special UV-free growing medium. What is more, you have spent a great deal of time, attention and energy caring for the plant. The thing is, your new and beautiful microgreen plant has grown toxic. What should you do?
First, you need to look carefully at the type of microgreen that you have in your garden. Most green plants, such as spinach and kale, contain a natural pesticide called chlorophyll. The chlorophyll in these plants is converted into a poison when it comes in contact with certain enzymes in the soil, called microorganisms. It is this microorganism that is the cause of the green plant being poisonous.
You may have already noticed that some types of green leaf plants are turning yellow or die, after they grow very fast. This is due to the same microorganism that is causing your new, beautiful microgreen to be toxic – and it is also one of the most widespread and deadliest microorganisms on earth. Fortunately, however, there is a very easy way to protect your new growing microgreens against this harmful fungus.
Microgreen planting is a completely natural method of growing green plants. Green plants absorb sunlight energy, just as other plants do. When you plant a green plant, it absorbs the energy of the sun in the form of photons. If the light stays on the plant for a long enough period, the light will trigger photosynthesis – which is how the new green leaves and shoots get created. Thus, a lot of the energy in the sun is transformed into food for the growing micro greens in your garden.
The only problem is that a lot of times, these tiny green plants can become so tiny that they are undetectable by the naked eye. They are so small that they are nearly invisible. However, if you have a good, quality multicolored tap water filter on your kitchen tap, or your household drinking water filter, you can easily see these tiny plants during a water test. It is quite common for tap water to contain a high number of different microorganisms, including tap water algae, dead algae, and other forms of toxic algae, which is why so many home and commercial owners test their tap water with a water test kit.
Microgreen blooms can often be mistaken for other forms of plant problems, such as root rot. However, a micro green is actually a plant disease – it develops an abnormal growth due to an overabundance of a particular microorganism. A micro green that grows in your garden is likely to be caused by an invisible organism called cyanobacteria. It flourishes where there is excessive amounts of sunlight, warm temperatures, and water. Microgreen blooms can also occur when a plant is stressed by poor soil fertility or is exposed to a toxic environment.
The best way to keep your plants healthy and to find out if a microgreen is a microgreen toxic is to give them an ID tag every year or two during spring and summer when you water your garden. If you have never given an ID tag before, I would recommend that you buy one online. These tags are easy to make and only cost a few dollars. Microgreen blooms are often confused with other types of plant problems because they are small, green, and white. However, unlike other forms of plant disease, a microgreen is a form of algae – there are hundreds of different kinds of algae.
Tap water is full of different kinds of microorganisms, including some that are deadly to plants. Therefore, it is important that you find out if a microgreen is a microgreen toxic by treating your tap water with a natural detoxifying system like Brita or Green Mountain. This system will remove all of the harmful toxins from your water, along with any traces of the micro green. This process is safe and will not harm your plants.